About Fiona Biddle
It is important that when you consult a therapist you ensure that he or she is appropriately qualified to assist you.
I have been in professional practice since 1993 and have undertaken many courses to continually improve my skills. I have also developed a new model of therapy: the Motivational Model of Hypnotism. A book on this co-authored with Shaun Brookhouse was published in June 2005. You can find out more on this model on the Services page.
In addition to my private practice, based inLoughborough and in London, I am also Managing Director of the National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy , and Vice Principal of the UK Academy of Therapeutic Arts and Sciences and a past Chair of the National Council for Hypnotherapy. I am secretary of the European Association of Hypno-Psychotherapy.
I have co-written a number of therapeutic course manuals and Building a Successful and Ethical Therapy Practice and Hypnotic Coaching, as well as Motivational Hypnotism. With Stuart Biddle (who is Professor of Sport and Exercise Science at Loughborough University), I have written a book to help weight control clients to incorporate physical activity into their lives.
It is important to know that the person who you are placing your trust to help you is appropriately qualified to offer this service. Some of my credentials are:
- BSc (Hons), Computing, Loughborough University
- MSc, Medical and Health Sciences (Existential Psychotherapy), Sheffield University
- Diploma in Counselling, Exeter College
- DipCAH, Diploma in Clinical and Advanced Hypnosis, The Washington School of Clinical and Advanced Hypnosis
- HPD, Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma, National Council for Hypnotherapy & NCFE National Awarding Body
- CertHypSup, Certificate in Hypnotherapeutic Supervision, National Council for Hypnotherapy
- CPC, Certified Professional Coach, International Institute of Coaching (US)
- ADHP(NC), Advanced Diploma in Hypnosis and Psychotherapy, National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (UK)
- CI, Certified Instructor of Hypnotherapy, National Guild of Hypnotists (US)
- 7407 qualification at teaching for post 16 level
- EMDR part 1-4
- Honorary Fellow, UK Council for Psychotherapy
I am also currently only one of five UK holders of the European Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis from the European Association for Hypno-Psychotherapy
I do not publish testimonials. This is because:
1. They are considered unethical by many therapy related bodies: I am here for you, not the other way around!
2. They can be fabricated
3. The Advertising Standards Authority require any testimonial to be verifiable and that would conflict with the confidentiality I offer my clients.
4. As a society we are getting used to sites such as Tripadvisor, but the difference is that those reviews are independent. On a practitioner’s site, they are responsible for the content and would naturally only put up good reviews.
5. A good, well trained therapist will have a wide range of approaches that they use to match to each particular client’s needs. Therapy is not like buying a kettle, and one person’s experience is unlikely to match your own so reading other peoples’ experiences may be misleading rather than helpful.
If you are unsure that I am the right therapist for you, please call or email me with your questions I am more than happy to answer any query you might have.
Book an appointment
See me in London
MSc, ADHP(NC), HPD, ECP, CertHypSup, FNSHP(Hon), UKCP(Accred) Psychotherapist
Honorary Fellow, UK Council for Psychotherapy, Clinical Supervisor
My practice provides the following professional services. It is important to note that I am professionally qualified for every service that I offer and I am registered with appropriate professional bodies.
- Motivational hypnotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- Analytical Hypnotherapy
Offering Evidence Based Practice since 1993