In most forms of therapy it is mandatory for therapists to have regular supervision. This involves them discussing their cases with a qualified supervisor, with the purpose of ensuring that the therapist is offering the best possible service to their clients. Supervisors can often add an extra dimension to therapy by highlighting patterns of work that the therapist might have been unaware of, and assisting with potential problems.
I am a qualified supervisor (recognised by the UKCP College of Hypno-Psychotherapists), and also am committed to receiving my own regular supervision.
Why might you choose me as your supervisor?
- I work from humanistic principles and so you will find me to be non-judgemental, empathic and real. I understand the difficulties of practice and you will feel safe to discuss anything with me.
- Having been in practice as a therapist for 19 years and a supervisor for 11 years, I have a wealth of experience to share with you. I will hold nothing back, including ideas for practice building. I currently supervise 26 therapists who vary from those who are just beginning in practice to people with many years of full time experience.
- I believe in being flexible and will adapt to your needs. This means that if you need to change an appointment at the last minute, or fit in an extra one, or have an urgent enquiry for example, your needs will be accommodated without fuss (and without any penalty charges!)
- It also means that the session length can be fixed according to your needs: some prefer half hour slots, some need the full 50 minute hour to adhere to organisational standards, some need even longer.
- I operate what is, I believe, the fairest supervision charging system that I know of….. for one to one supervision I charge £5 less than you charge for your standard therapy session. The reason for this is that I do not feel it is fair to charge someone in a rural wilderness who can only charge their clients £40 the same as someone in London who charges £100. Group supervision charges are £30 for a session of up to two hours (depending on numbers: maximum is 6 but unlikely to be that many!)..
- Also, I will never charge you more for any reports that you might need
If you are interested in my supervision services please contact me if you are interested in specific groups or times.
London group supervision, on first and third Wednesdays of the month starting 3 October, from 6-8, WC1N 3ES.
Book an appointment
See me in London
MSc, ADHP(NC), HPD, ECP, CertHypSup, FNSHP(Hon), UKCP(Accred) Psychotherapist
Honorary Fellow, UK Council for Psychotherapy, Clinical Supervisor
My practice provides the following professional services. It is important to note that I am professionally qualified for every service that I offer and I am registered with appropriate professional bodies.
- Motivational hypnotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- Analytical Hypnotherapy
Offering Evidence Based Practice since 1993